So a lot of lecturers have been talking about how it's never too early to start thinking about dissertation topic ideas. So every time I come across a topic I'm interested in (or that there's an absence of research in) I’m gonna write it down here:
- Lack of scrutiny in police custody (very little oversight, no figures released except applying with Freedom of Information)
- White collar crime: How WC criminals are perceived differently from street criminals
- Human Rights: Why do the current government want to leave the Council of Europe - if all the Council of Europe do is Human Rights?
Erosion of human rights throughout last few decades?
- Why do female police officers blame rape victims more than male officers when there's low rape myths?
(See conclusions part)
- How fines and community order's disproportionately affect working class demographics.
- "University of Crime:" Why prison doesn't work